Thursday, October 1, 2009

Jesse Jacskon on Race



After the tremendous response to UglyUglyTruth's interview with the late General Curtis Lemay, I thought we might try and have topical interviews with world leaders (both living and dead) on a regular basis.

Given the recent controversy over President Jimmy Carter's unfortunate injection of race into the Healthcare debate, we thought it appropriate to ask Rev. Jesse Jackson, a prominent African American leader, leader of the Civil Rights movement and past candidate for the democratic nomination for President to weigh in on this sensitive subject.

Paul C.  Rev. Jackson, first I am honored you could join me tonight.  I know you are a busy man, so we will just jump right in.  Do you think that the opponents of Obama are primarily driven by racist motivations or by idealogical differences?

Rev. Jackson:  When the topic turns to RACE
The whites get in your FACE. 
They simply cannot STAND
From Brother's Obama, Wright and VAN
 when an African is THE MAN.

Paul C.:  Well, that is just Hyperbole Reverend.  I mean, you aren't really backing any of that up you are just stating things in Rhyme.

Rev. Jackson:  The Repub's just say NOPE
 when their Prez preaches HOPE
When their asses we do BEAT
They run and don the SHEET

Paul C:  Really Rev., this really isn't going anywhere.  You just keep chanting these.....

Rev.  Jackson:  It must be sad for you to HEAR
That everything you hold DEAR
Is racist and that's no SMEAR

Paul C:  But, I was going to ask yo....

Rev Jackson:  Let me not TRIANGULATE
Upon this you must CONCENTRATE
And the math you must then CALCULATE
The odds are good when you PERMUTATE
and in your stew you PERCOLATE
The fact that all you do is HATE

Paul C:  Well, about President Cart...

Rev. Jackson:  That Cracker knows no thing
and how that bell  did ring
when he callled you out
and made you shout
It made my dear heart SING

Paul C:  Okey Dokey, well (looking at my watch)  I see we are running out of time here.  Are there any last words you would like to add:

Rev. Jackson:  Healthcare, welfare, Jailcare, homecare
Keep Hope Alive
Hope not Dope
Hugs not Drugs
I am somebody
Hymie Town
Keep Hope Alive

Paul C:  Well folks, that's all we have time for tonight.  I want to thank Rev Jackson for coming in and offering his "insights" into this issue

Rev. Jackson:  If the glove don't fit, you MUST acquit

Paul C:  I thought that was Johnny Cochrane

Rev. Jackson:  He stole it from me, Keep hope alive.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to know what school of Divinity issued him a degree so I don't make the terrible mistake of giving them a contribution.

Ray Bonis said...

Very good!!!

Watch Jesse reads Green Eggs and Ham:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPxPciXcJvc

Ray Bonis said...

A better version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPy2alWEZ-U